Friday, June 26, 2009

UPDATE FROM UGANDA

This was posted on Teen Mania's website. This is from a girl who stayed in Kampala this week. Tara and Morgan will be here next week. It's a long story, but worth the read!

Tuesday morning (6.23.09), my team and I went to a school, Hope of Joy. We were all prepared to do our purity program called, True Love Waits, but when we arrived the children were quite young and we decided that a VBS program would be more appropriate. We had about 1 minute to plan what we were going to do as we walked into the classroom. We decided to pray because we had no idea what to do and definitely needed God's help! My MIG and I got a 3rd grade class to work with. The children were adorable! They all stood and greeted us. We sang some songs and played some games with them. Then we told the story of Daniel and the Lion's Den and a girl in my MIG shared her testimony (the 3rd grade version)! :) Then, I tied it all together and shared the gospel message. At the end, I asked if anyone had any questions or wanted to have Jesus in their life. Almost immediately, one boy raised his hand and whispered to the teacher that he wanted Jesus. His face lit up with a huge smile. I asked if anyone else wanted that and a lot of kids in the class came up and I led them in a prayer of salvation. Whether or not they all understood exactly what they were doing, we planted a seed in their lives! I know that this little boy will never forget that day. I will never forget his smile for Jesus! God definitely gave us the words to speak and I am SO thankful to HIM!
Mary Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment